We have been working for quite a while to develop a newer and stronger handheld blue laser. That effort has finally paid off with last week’s release of the “MONARCH 7.5W Blue Laser“. This unit takes the existing 5W threshold and kicks it up by 50% of power plus offers two different working modes. The required 6-month testing period has been completed and the laser is now shipping across the globe and all 50 states. Let’s take a look at what this means for users of the “Monarch”.
Pushing Handheld Laser Power to New Heights
For about 5-years the cap on handheld blue laser strength was 5,000mW (5W) for a few reasons. Diode stability, in conjunction with 3.7V batteries, was a concern when trying to get more power out of a unit. 5W diodes cannot simply take more energy and produce a brighter beam. So, the design has evolved with newer and stronger 7.5W diodes. This means the “engine” or “laser guts” have been upgraded to produce the strongest civilian use handheld laser around.
What Can a 7.5W Blue Laser Do?
Many of the same things that the previous 5W version could, but with some major improvements:
- Burning and laser engraving ability has been amplified. Making it easier to use this laser as a design tool or burning laser.
- The visible range has increased by 50%. Pointing at constellations or targets off in the distance has gotten a bit easier. With a longer range now being possible in both daytime and nighttime settings.
- Strobe option creates a more mesmerizing visual and a great non-lethal goose control deterrent.
- Light matches, pop balloons, cut electrical tape, and more. Similar to other high-power lasers, but now from greater distances and in a shorter length of time.
- Clean algae and other bacteria from your home aquarium or fish tank. Hard to reach invasive bacteria can be blasted away with this unit.
- Search and rescue operations. Because this laser is so visible at night, it can be used as a life-saving signal device in wilderness emergencies by rescue personnel or those in crisis.
The power is incredibly high, so be sure you are always using the included safety goggles, most especially when conducting a burning experiment.
This is Not a Toy
Laser pointers are cool, unique, and visually stunning. But they are not toys. High-power lasers used improperly or irresponsibly can be dangerous. This means taking serious care of your surroundings, any spectators, and personal safety whenever operating them. The Monarch 5W or 7.5W unit includes:
- Laser safety goggles (a must for indoor use)
- Infrared (IR) Filters
- 1-year warranty
- Safety & Instruction Manual
- 5 x laser lenses
- Travel case, rechargeable batteries, and charger.
Blue laser pointers come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. The laser you choose should be based on your desired application.
Get 10% Off the Monarch with code: BIGLASERS10
Now you can take 10% off the Monarch Blue Laser (or any other order) with the code listed above. Simply enter the code in the shopping cart and hit the button that says “apply coupon” to get 10% off your entire order. No limits and it can be used on any order now or in the future. See all of our Blue Laser Pointers.
Have a question about which laser is the best fit for your needs? Give us a call today. We pride ourselves on setting the standard for customer support that other laser companies can’t or won’t match.